C Quick JPEG 2000 - CQJ2K
CQJ2K is a JPEG 2000 quick encoder and decoder library written in C. It implements the standard defined as ISO/IEC 15444-1 or ITU T.800, in its first, basic part.
This project has begun in July 2011, thus it is living its childhood and there are yet many things to do. To begin, it is conceived to comply with Digital cinema requirements, at least. It has a nice timing performance, as can be seen in the figure below.
Time performance of CQJ2k compared to other JPEG 2000 compression tools.
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Giuseppe Baruffa - All Rights Reserved
Redistribution in source forms is not permitted.
Redistribution and use in binary forms, without modification, is permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
1. Redistributions in binary forms must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
2. Redistributions in binary form must not be accompanied by the source headers, if given.
3. The name of the author may not be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
Similar (free) software
- OpenJPEG (http://www.openjpeg.org/)
- JasPer (http://www.ece.uvic.ca/~frodo/jasper/)
- jj2000 (http://code.google.com/p/jj2000/)
- CUJ2K (http://cuj2k.sourceforge.net/)